Thursday, July 21, 2011

PS I love you

My children like to write me notes. Sometimes it is because I have gone out and they want to tell me something. Sometimes it is because they are supposed to be sleeping. Aimee in particular likes to leave me notes on top of a book asking me to please read it by the morning, because clearly that is what I want to do when I finally tumble into bed! Read yes, but not necessarily something picked by the 8-year-old. I made the mistake of letting them realise how quickly I can read their books and they are soooo disappointed if I don't!

But I digress. Next to my bed on top of my books is a favourite place for all of them to leave me notes. The other most favourite place in on top of my keyboard (I think they might be trying to tell me something). Or more conventionally, and for things not urgent, on the front of the fridge.

I am particularly proud of Reanna at the moment. She has done some stuff recently I am not too happy about (I may blog about this another time, but for the moment let's just say teenage years are rapidly approaching! Please wish me luck!). But she was grown up enough to leave me a note saying she was sorry and what she was going to do about it. So very, very, very proud of her for taking responsibility for her actions. I left her a note in return (I was out when she left me the first note). I could have just spoken to her, I do realise this, but I wanted her to have it in writing. A physical reminder telling her how proud I am of her and reminding her how much I love her even when she does do the wrong thing.

The girls have gone away with their dad for a couple of nights. This involves lots of note writing. I have been finding them all over the place. Ones asking me to call people or washing certain items, you know the types of things. Ones reminding me to look after the pets. Apparently it is the rabbit's day to have fresh hay and carrots and the bird needs fresh water every day. Who knew?! (I am ignoring the fact that my darling children have NO faith in my ability and focusing on the cuteness of them wanting to take care of their pets. Humour me on this one!). However what concerns me the most is the location of the pet note. It was in the fridge ... on top of a block of chocolate .... hmmmmm ... just hmmm ....... horrible children!

PS I love them!!!!

2 comments:

Romina Garcia said...

Haha!

I should put all of my "to do lists" on the blocks of chocolates in the fridge...
I think they are on to something!!

Catherine said...

I asked if they had done it on purpose when they got home. R just laughed and asked if I had found it on the first day? I didn't answer ;)