Monday, July 25, 2011

The day after Sunday ... and our holidays

Photobucket



Click the button to join in with blogs tea & me for 'The day after Sunday' linky. If you don't like Mondays what better way to start then by sharing the special moments from your weekend? And if you do like Mondays this can only make them better!

I feel like a bit of a fraud joining in this week. The weekend just gone was the end of my holidays, so it has felt like 10 days of weekend! I do love this linky though, so I am going to join in regardless.

We started the weekend with Elmo cupcakes on Friday night for my cousin's birthday. Followed by a cousin sleepover. Saturday was some cruisey shopping and then the girls slept over at Daddy's Saturday night. Mummy's night out! Christmas in July with a few good friends (*disclaimer* I don't like shops using Christmas in July as a way of selling things, but I do think it is fun as a social thing or a fundraiser). Sunday morning we went out for the biggest brunch ever followed by a loooooong nap. We watched the Western Derby even though sadly I do not feel it was worth the effort. Not because our team lost, but just because I don't think either team deserved to win! (I don't follow the football. The girls do though so I try and watch if it is a Derby or a Grand Final. Only one Grand Final per year though. I don't believe in repeats! So if the game is disappointing I do seem to take it personally. When I have made such an effort. Yes, I might be a little egocentric). Finally, we finished our holidays with Harry Potter at the drive in. (And yes I know I said no more Harry Potter, but we did go! The girls were so excited!!! It was definitely a good compromise on the should they be allowed to see it at the movies issue).

So lovely, lovely weekend with family, friends and way, way, way too much food!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY EAGLES!!!
WHOOOOOOO!
Ahem, now that I got that out of the way!
Your weekend sounds lovely...
filled with a little bit of everything :)

Catherine said...

*ignores Stacey's first comment in a very polite way* :oP

Thanks! It was just lovely!