Sunday, July 17, 2011

Achieved an Impossible Dream ....

Well I would have thought it was an impossible dream if I'd actually ever thought about it!! I managed to not cook dinner for 9 nights in a row AND no it wasn't take-out every night! I don't hate cooking, but I don't love it. It is a just something that needs doing so it gets done. So how did I managed this .....

Day 1 (Friday): Reanna was at a sleepover and the little two were at Guides. They got to go Sizzlers for an end of term party and Erin suggested it would be a good idea for me to get takeaway - I agreed!

Day 2 (Saturday): We went to the drive in and had a picnic dinner of cheese and bacon rolls (and movie snacks).

Days 3 & 4 (Sunday & Monday): The girls' dad was home so he cooked (he also cooked 9 nights out of ten when we were together. He is much better at it then I am and he enjoys it. Especially now he works away and lives by himself when he is at home).

Day 5 (Tuesday): The girls slept at my sister's and I got takeaway.

Day 6 (Wednesday): We went to the girls' grandparents' house for dinner (my in-laws).

Day 7 (Thursday): Reanna and Erin were at sleepovers and Aimee and I went out to dinner with a few of my friends.

Day 8 (Friday): We began our Harry Potter movie marathon weekend with nachos for dinner in the lounge room (ok I did sort of cook, but I don't think putting corn chips, sauce and grated cheese in the microwave counts).

Well, I may have had takeaway two nights, but I don't think this counts when it was just me at home. The girls were eating properly! I doubt this will happen again in a hurry ... and I have very much enjoyed it! Although with all the driving I did this week I think it was a fair balance ;)

And just in case anyone is concerned, proper menu planning is at the top of my list of things to do at the moment!

No comments: