Monday, July 11, 2011

The day after Sunday

Photobucket



Click the button to join in with blogs tea & me for the very first 'The day after Sunday' linky. If you don't like Mondays what better way to start then by sharing the special moments from your weekend? And if you do like Mondays this can only make them better! I am excited about it anyway :)

Friday night: No Reanna, so takeaway and a couple of hours quiet reading for Mama, while the little two were at (Girl) Guides .... home and snuggles on the couch in front of a new dvd (Aimee got a new one at the Christmas in July they had at Guides that night) ... we slept all curled up on the couch. This is something I can't do when they are all home. Naps yes, all night sleeping no. They are just too big now!

Saturday morning: ... sleeping in ... stopped past Bunnings for a sausage sizzle (fundraiser for an awesome cause) on the way to the city ... I had to go into the office for a few hours (long story, doesn't happy very often). The girls were legends! Hot milo and Saturday morning cartoons for them. Zipping around the office like a maniac photocopying for me. Picture this: kitchen one corner (where the children were located), my desk opposite corner, two photocopiers in the remaining two corners. Now picture me running around madly between all four! Yes we were the only people there!! I am also pretty sure this classifies as exercise. We were there for almost two hours! Aimee dressed in "work" clothes (pictures to come) and very kindly tested all the stamps in sight. You will be pleased to know they all worked. And, this morning, I found a lovely note on my computer screen from Erin. She'd left it there on the weekend to give me a perfect start to the week!

Saturday night: Drive in. Bit spur of the moment, which is always exciting, and definitely inspired by how good the girls had been in the morning. Clinker game (are we the only people who play this?!) and then hangman while we waited for the movie to start. Plus the ever favourite "I am thinking of an animal". Picnic dinner in the car. TWO movies plus I got to catch up with a friend who came with us! Awesome night out and sooooo cheap! Especially compared to going to the cinemas.

Sunday: I got my Reanna home:) We had every intention of going to church until we found out there was no Sunday school and no pastor. Instead we had the perfect morning catching up with my co-Two Mummy Duck-er including getting some amazing snuggles from my (very tired) 5-year-old God-daughter. We had all seven kids there and they were all so good! Must have been the weekend for well behaved children. Maybe because it was so cold and their blood all slowed down. Like lizards ... or something ....

Sunday night: "Camping". Toasted marshmellows. Potatoes in jackets cooked in the fire. Chocolate bananas. S'mores. A shared beer (clearly not with the children). Wood smoke .... mmmmm ....soooo many memories!

Written down it sounds busy! But in reality, it was lovely and relaxed. We started the weekend with literally no plans and this is what it ended up like. Full of cuddles and coffee catch ups and shared times and creating happy memories.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Maybe because it was so cold and their blood all slowed down. Like lizards ... or something ...."
LOVE IT!
Haha!
Sounds like a nice weekend with some beautiful little people xxx