Sunday, February 19, 2012

Randomness of randoms

So, we had an amazing weekend. We wrote in the sand and took some arty style pictures (well in my very unartistic opinion, but they look great when other people do them so I am hoping for the best). We collected shells. The girls got to spend some time with their great-grandparents and I know one day they will look back and realise how precious this time was and how lucky they were to have had it. I got to reflect on how lucky I am to have ex-in-laws who still make me feel so much of the family despite the stupidity of their grand-son for losing me! (hehe ... I am allowed to have a dig sometimes! I am sure this is ok). But this is not the post I am writing today. Hopefully tomorrow when I get the photos off my phone and onto the computer.

Today is a random post. And possibly one with a little too much information. Consider yourself warned!!! You can stop reading now if you want!

Ok ... we drove down late on Friday night. Left home just before 8pm and arrived at 11:30pm. I knew it was going to be a late one so had caffeine loaded all day. Needless to say there were several bathroom breaks on the way down.

At some awful hour(s) of the morning I wake up busting for the toilet. Of course I lay snuggled in bed half asleep hoping the feeling would just go away and I could go back to sleep without having to move. Then a thought hit me. I kid you not, my half asleep brain which is concentrating on willing the full-bladder to just disappear, has the following thought:

"I wonder how many hours of sleep I have wasted lying being half awake not getting up to go to the toilet when if I had have gotten up straight away I would have been back to sleep in no time".

Naturally that is slightly paraphrased. I don't remember the exact words, but that is pretty much it! Seriously?! WHY?! Then the next thought is:

"Oh. That would make a good blog post".

So, I just had to share. Firstly, because I do think it is a legitimate thought, but secondly because you all were my next thought and now you can think about it too. I am nice like that. Although I am a little skeptical in the light of day about how good a blog post it actually is, but I just can't not write it now.

Now I just need to learn balance my desire to not get out of bed with the desire for that extra few hours sleep. And perhaps not drink that much caffeine again.

5 comments:

Me said...

Oh my god, this is hilarious. I have exactly the same problem. One of the first things I think about in really inappropriate situations is that I am gonna blog about it. YOu have seen the 'I am so blogging this' T shirt right?

You have to check it out. I have written about it here: http://ephemeralwhims.blogspot.in/2011/02/dreaming-is-like-watching-tv-in-your.html

ABC said...

This made me laugh!! And it's so true...

XOXOXO
ABC

Catherine said...

Thanks for the love peoples! I haven't seen the shirt, but I might have to check it out.

Angela said...

I toy with the dilemma every time -- toilet or sleep on -- but always choose based on the logic that I'll be more comfortable if I just go.

Things become more complicated when I am wedged between two sleeping babies and going could mean returning to wakeful cherubs...

Catherine said...

Yes! The sleeping babies definitely adds a whole new dimension to the problem.