Monday, February 6, 2012

Teaching an old dog new tricks

Be impressed, be very impressed. I went to my first tap dancing class tonight! Short version of a longs story goes as follows: trying to lose weight - need to be able to take at least Aimee with me if I need to - psyched myself up to do adult beginners class at the girls' dance school - girls super excited - got uni timetable - clash - tap available - sign up. I would like to point out, I am not a dancer. The girls are, and are quite talented (I have no idea where they get it from). I did belly dancing for a year or two about 7 years ago, but that is different. Pole dancing doesn't count. That is just an exercise class. So are you all impressed? You should be! It was hard. I am just a little bit proud of myself! The class will be straight after my lecture on a Monday night though, so it will be very interesting to see how I cope after that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am *wicked* impressed! Tap dancing always looks like it would be so difficult and require so much coordination! By the same token, not everybody can do it, so it seems like a fun and impressive skill to have. :D

I think what you area doing is fabulous. Have fun!