Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Home Alone

It is a strange feeling! Not that I am not home alone ever, but usually it is because I have a day off work for some reason or for an hour when they are all at Guides or when I have come home after being out when they are sleeping somewhere else. I was 29 (or it might have been 30) before I'd ever slept in a house by myself. I was 21 (almost 22) before I'd ever slept in a house without another adult! I think being the oldest of seven may have had some impact on this. Empty houses still always feel strange to me!

Anyway, the entourage are having a sleepover at my sister's tonight because I am working tomorrow. So you may ask what I am doing tonight:

(a) I had crab sticks and chips with extra chicken salt. (So excited! I have randomly saw a fish and chip shops that does this in a pack like a meal. I LOVE crab sticks. Sometimes we get chips to go with dinner just so I can get them. I really need to stop this) AND I had it with salad so I am feeling very grown up, because the girls aren't even here to set a good example for;

(b) I have been in my pyjamas since 5:30pm;

(c) '27 Dresses' is on in the background; and

(d) now I am thinking about moving some furniture around. You know, as you do.

I could just curl up and get a super early night (except I want to watch a tv show later) or actually do some cleaning that needs doing or keep re-reading Harry Potter or catch up on some posts at Confessions of a Bookaholic, but I have a feeling moving furniture is going to be way to go. I am working on the theory, but when the urge hits you should go with it ... I will let you what (if anything!) I achieve later!

Oh and I should mention I will shower and change into a clean pair of pyjamas before bed! Just in case you were worried ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being home alone is fabulous, isn't it? Have fun!

Catherine said...

I had a lovely evening! I confess I didn't end up moving furniture, but this was because it was really procrastinating from stuff that needed doing. I was very constructive though!