Monday, July 11, 2011

If it isn't on facebook it didn't happen ....

... allegedly! Although considering I am writing heaps less on facebook, perhaps this means I am doing less? Or perhaps I am just ceasing to exist? Or I am just not thinking I am as clever/funny/interesting as I do some weeks?! (Thinking option three is probably the most likely) ... but anyway ... here goes!

Today I am Thankful for rain picking the appropriate time to fall, the girls being excited to do stuff with me, spending time with my (extended) family, everything working out according to plan and for finding time to cross things off my to-do list however small the "thing" is! * That strange moment when you have to text your mother to warn her that one of her granddaughters wants to learn algebra. * Waiting for the icecream to soften so I can go to bed and defrost my feet. I realise this is ironic. * I am pretty sure the animal I feel the most affinity with today is a penguin. * Lemon and lime tart! Yay for birthdays and cake days! Good pick Lisa! * Today I am Thankful for my mum, heaters and chocolate. * I love dinners that (with minor alterations) the entire household loves! I think mashed potato is the secret. * I am constantly amazed by daughters' dedication to sport! Go Reanna and Erin and the rest of the school teams!!! * I am soooooooooo looking forward to holidays :) * I still do not get why teeny-tiny chocolates are called 'fun-size'. * Today I am Thankful for a short wait at the train station, that it was just light enough to read and for a seat on the train. * Not only hump day but National Hump Day. So much cause for celebration :D * All this neon is hurting my eyes! * I am disproportionally proud of myself for *not* having caramel slice for breakfast. * Aimee walls and my walls are both colour splotched now. I don't know who is more excited! * ‎(a) Sent my rainbow fluro babies off to school. They should come with a warning for people who are sensitive to light and/or people with hang-overs! (b) I am also super proud of them for wanting to do their bit to support their school's commitment to the program they are fundraising for in Cambodia. (c) I now have green fingers. I need to learn how to use coloured hair-spray better. * Borders last day today. It looks like a ghost shop :( * All three girls got icecream vouchers for their rainbow costumes :) * Being the first person awake feels like an awful waste. * Today I am Thankful for (a) amazing girls who are transportable; (b) work places with two photocopiers, milo and coloured paper; (c) exercise from running to all four corners of the office for 1.5 hours*; (d) Erin not telling me off for the state of my desk; (e) Aimee being super good** and testing all my stamps; and (f) wonderful people who volunteer for all sorts of organisations. * Aimee quote of the day (while driving past units in the CBD): "Those people should hang their washing inside. Or at least their knickers. No-one wants to see big Grandma undies". Her response when I asked her where she heard that term: "The school photographer and SpongeBob". Hmmm. * Pretty sure I have worked way too hard for a Saturday .... but definitely sure I deserve this night out!!! * Spent so much of the day feeling like a naughty school girl!

And that is it! I am still have camera dramas on three counts! Part of it is real dramas, part of it is me being technologically challenged! I have some good ones for you though so stay tuned. I am determined to get them up in the next week. Or next week at the latest.

Keep smiling and have a fabulous week :)

No comments: