Monday, July 18, 2011

Driving and Harry Pottering mostly

The background to my week of status updates is that the girls were on school holidays last week but sadly I had to work. I had a whole heap of amazing people volunteer to look after them, but it did mean I was all over the place (and so were the entourage) literally! Other then that the title of today's blog pretty much sums it up! Here goes .....


I would just like to announce I (we) got 7 on the footy tipping this week *without* Reanna!!! This makes it twice as impressive! * I ♥ maxi dresses, fun new stationary, "camping" (esp when it includes toasting marshmellows, s'mores, choc bananas and potatoes baked in the fire), winter snuggles, drive-in movies, coffee catch-ups, inspirational people, playing dress-ups, suprises and yummy meals cooked by other people. I don't ♥ working during the school holidays, being supportive of dry July (even though I am!), car problems or waiting. * Trip to the art gallery. Erin's most used phrase: What is that? What does it mean?. My most used phrase: Ask Daddy, this is his area not mine. I like the art gallery but yay for delegation!!!! :) Also v useful for the ACDC section of the museum! * Harry Potter tickets booked! So excited!! Now to join in with everyone else on the book re-reading and movie re-watching over the next week :) * Today I am Thankful for people with positive status updates, for the wonderful people who have volunteered to have my girls while I am at work this week and for chocolate because chocolate makes everything better. * Hmmm ... at home .... no children (very strange feeling) ... think I might move furniture :) * I need to stop being so easily distracted! * Apparently not having the girls does not make getting out of bed any easier, but I can be ready to leave the house in 15 minutes! * Today I am Thankful that you can reprint receipts for things you buy online, for the end of the saga of the dress (for those of you following the saga I got credit voucher for the amount I originally paid), for being smart enough to read things before I sign them, for being brave enough to insist on things and for lovely, patient sales assistants. * Helped feed the horses for the first time (I have only been going to Byford for 9 years) - cuddles with my baby niece - watched my nephew play with his cousins (aka my daughters!) - yummy roast dinner - super cute girls in their new tops from Paris - now very tired mama. Must be almost bedtime. * Two days to go .......... * Today I am Thankful for a car park spot at the train station and a seat on the train when I wasn't expecting either! No long story this time ... even though I was at a different train station to normal * I am still pretty sure I need a croissant to celebrate Bastille Day. * Fabulous girls night out last night with the Aimee-fuzz! Dinner with Emma, Katie and Sarah (the last one for a while with all four of us together). Then shopping and then a "just us" trip to the movies to see 'Kung Fu Panda 2' complete with icecream and peanut M&Ms!! Followed by our very own sleepover on the couch. Now only one more day of work ...... and then holidays!!!! * Enjoying my chocolate croissant as my belated Bastille Day celebration and my last day of work celebration and my just-because-it-is-Friday celebration! Hmmm ... maybe I should have got two * Today I am Thankful the girls have had a great week (without me), for all the wonderful people who have babysat the girls for me and for staycations * I am so happy to have all my girls at home ready to start my holidays! Erin is over the moon with her mani-pedi. Aimee is hilariously funny complaining about "the little girls" and I came home to find Reanna fast asleep on the couch "watching" Misty. Week one of the girls' school holidays has been a massive hit! Thanks again everyone. I think the next week with me and/or Adam is going to be a bit of a let down * Aimee quote of the day: The bit when he goes "my dad's a muggle and my mum's a witch" is like us going "our mum's a Guide leader and our dad's a Scout". * I ♥ pyjama days, fun cooking, Harry Potter books/movies/marathons, staycations, not having to set my alarm, awesome costumes, people who understand me, happy status updates and my girls. * Harry Potter 1 last night with nachos, pyjamas and Starburst rattlesnakes. HP2 this morning with chicken chips, pepsi max and clothes folding (I know sad, but it still needs doing!) * 15 minutes until we push play on HP3!!! And while we are on the HP theme I have just ordered my sister's 30th birthday present :) * Cooked dinner tonight for the first time in over a week!! * Breakfast-for-dinner with Steve & Jo AND HP4 briefly interupted by an emergency run to pick up my nephew) AND wine AND Violet Crumble overload icecream AND Steve fixed my computer! * Sleeping, Harry Potter, eating, sleeping, Harry Potter (repeat). * Making clown fish(as demonstrated on Saturday Disney) with my clown babies x4. Who said TV doesn't teach you anything?! * Fifty-one hours and seven movies. Now only two sleeps to go.

No comments: