Monday, July 4, 2011

F is for facebook

Today I am Thankful for super supportive and helpful people, for an afternoon at home and for things working out :) * Baking cupcakes twice in three days?! I am not sure what is wrong with me :oP * I am pretty sure that I need to refine my cupcake making skills. I am also pretty sure the *only* way to do this is by making more cupcakes. * If the "red sky in the morning, shepherds' warning" thing is true, today is going to be a massive storm!!! It is glowing red outside. (Oh and I do realise storms are predicted!). * I ♥ birthdays, cupcakes, new books, finding bargains, rain, lazy nights on the couch, winter snuggles, hot chocolate, afternoons at home, surprise presents, family dinners, having someone else cook, crossing things off my to-do list, positive people and hour long phone conversations. I don't ♥ the girls being sick, crickets, driving during storms or text messages not working. * While we are on the topic of cupcakes, apparently Aimee's class declared my cupcakes some of the best ones ever!! Go the 85c homebrand packet mix. I do think I make great icing though so maybe that was it. Either that or they just say it about all cupcakes. * Aimee quote of the day: "Mummy you are pretty enough to be a waitress". Apparently only pretty people are waitresses. * Soup + hot crusty rolls + real butter = perfect winter dinner * My aim for the day, since Reanna was home sick, was to clean out and re-organise the kitchen cupboards. I didn't set foot in the kitchen all day. I haven't even done the dishes yet. I did however get halfway through organising the study. Does this mean I am rebelling against myself? * What?! Only Wednesday?! * So, just like that, apparently I am out of retirement. And, for anyone who had any doubts, Erin is going to be a fabulous leader one day! A scary one perhaps but definitely fabulous! * Wicked! Wicked! Wicked! Wicked! Wicked!!!!! * Lesson of the day: do not volunteer to cover reception on the busiest day of the year. But I would just like to say again, that I hold receptionists in the highest esteem. Their job is *really* hard. * Yay! And that is the girls sorted for the holidays :) * I ♥ choc mint stuff, V, green traffic lights, chicken twisties, the smell of newly cut grass, freshly washed leaves and musicals (anyone noticing the green theme?). * A green Reanna is *not* on my list of green things that I love. (I love Reanna just not the fact she is green). Thanks ladies for a lovely evening and to the wonderful Elisca for babysitting! Wicked was great and now I have two green flashing martini glasses :) * Reanna is still green :( .... and we spent the night on the couch with "Tinkerbell" on. Coincidental, but thematically appropriate. * And second year complete! Eight units to go!!!! * Quiet non-pizza Friday night with Gabby and David to start the weekend! * Now "we" are counting down the hours .... * Colouring in. Service and therapy all at the same time :) * The house is amazingly calm considering there are four girls between the ages of 8 and 12 of varying levels of (over) excitement getting ready! * And we are off .... layered .... glittered ... and Hannah Montana'd to the eyeballs!!!! * Think we can declare our first concert experience a success!!! A fabulous time was had by all. Only a few minor mishaps :)* Aimee made me a thank you card. Erin declared it the best night ever. Reanna danced the night away :) * I know baked beans are good for the vegetarian baby and luckily she loves them. However, I think they are super gross. Surely buying them earns me points in the good mother stakes? * I am contemplating kicking the washing machine, but in the spirit of being calm and serene I am refraining from actually doing it (plus I am sort of scared I will either break my toe or the washing machine).

And that is it. Another glimpse into our lives during the week that was. My camera is doing strange things so no picture this time. And I am too tired to waffle anymore .... so this is it for now!

No comments: