Monday, July 25, 2011

I love staycations!

Yes, this is my weekly facebook "status" update, but re-reading they are all so nice and cruisy and happy. You can definitely tell it is school holidays and I had a week off work. Here goes ....

Two new Madeleine Wickham (aka Sohpie Kinsella) books and a new one by Monica McInerney. So much happiness. I ♥ the internet, online super cheap book sales and Australia Post! * Cupcakes AND clown fish. Feeling domesticated today ;) * Fabulous afternoon visiting. Think the girls might have been a little too excited about the Ikea trip though. Hmmmm ......... this might be my fault! * Sooooo stiff! Next time I will listen more carefully to David when he reminds us to stretch! * I really need to stop getting so easily distracted (reprised). * So very much excitement and planning in this house! * I ♥ picnics, The Maze, not (really) getting lost, new books, awesome home made presents, sleeping-in, Harry Potter, staycations, cupcakes and Ikea. I don't ♥ driving behind trucks and children being sick. * I may have eaten way too much and I may have got ice-cream on my top and in my hair ... Movie was fabulous .... almost as good as the company ;) * A couple of days of getting-away-from-it-all holidays! So much to read and so much napping to be done. See you on the flip-side peoples!! * North, south, east, west. Home is always best. Complete with my very loud daughters, housework to catch up on .... you know all the usual stuff :oP * "But I am the dad. I am in charge *pause*. When you are not around". * I ♥ cupcakes, birthday parties, the beach in winter, markets, new books, sleeping-in, holidays, garden ornaments, my (extended) family and board games * Christmas in July buffet for dinner last night (with fabulous company! Thanks peoples). Massive brunch today. The girls are all complaining of sore full tummies and we didn't even finish our meals ..... I don't think it we will be eating again today!!! * Still super full but much better after a decent nap. Now off to brave the enemy lair for a derby party :oP

No comments: