Monday, July 18, 2011

And the clock strikes 11

So for those of you who are wondering why I am still up, the story goes something like this ....

A (planned) late afternoon visit led to a (planned) evening visit to Ikea for dinner and browsing. Ikea is not particularly close to us so we use any excuse to go to that part of the universe to sneak in a visit. We do love Ikea! So we get home latish, but no dinner or anything needs to be cooked (yes again for those of you who read my post from Saturday)

The girls go to bed. I check facebook, play some facebook Scrabble, chat to some people on the phone and on facebook, catch up on some blogs (reading and writing) and do some pottering. I cuddled Aimee when she woke up with a sore tummy and googled some places to get my car fixed. Then suddenly, it is 10:30! Bed you might be thinking except I hadn't exactly finished (you could read this as started) baking the promised cupcakes or boiling the eggs needed for tomorrow's picnic. Or washing a promised jumper either I may add.

And the lessons of distractions don't end here! I have a horrible feeling I put too much milk into the cupcake mix so I am hoping they turn out ok! If not, we will be going cupcakeless tomorrow. At least I tried.

So the moral of the story is: Multi-tasking is great, as long as you remember all the tasks that need doing!

And the final thought(s) (1) be impressed I am a baking again! Second batch today (the first ones were great); (2) how many posts is too many for one day?; and (3) yes we do have a grandfather clock so I really did hear it strike 11!

No comments: