Monday, June 27, 2011

"What's on your mind?"

Here we go again ;)

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. * I came home expecting to surprise the girls with ice-cream for dessert and instead got a massive surprise! Reanna and Tineka had totally reorganised Reanna's room. It looks great :) * So .... last night didn't exactly go as planned! All good, but I am surprised my hair didn't turn grey!!! * After considerable research I have decided ice-cream tastes even better when you eat it straight from the container. * Package of books + helpful Centrelink person* + "good" Tuesday + cupcakes = one very happy me * Hump Day!!!! (Sounds so much better then Wednesday :oP) * When all those things that people assure you will never happen do happen ....... :oP * According to my beautiful, intelligent, eldest niece I make the best French toast. And I wasn't the person she was telling so it must be true! * I ♥ lunch dates, BLT burgers (minus tomato), surprise presents, fabulous shoes, girls' nights out, afternoons in bed, crossing things off my to-do list and my gorgeous nieces and nephews. * Possible fire in the building is always a good start to the working day. And a good excuse to buy coffee! * I would like to apologise to you all. Kate has pointed out that after much deliberation I decided to go with hot chocolate rather then coffee. It was yummy. Other then that, previous status is valid :oP * I ♥ winter, morning snuggles, hot chocolate, new books, crossing things off my to-do list, birthdays, making plans, blogs, rainbows and cushions. * Lesson of the day: Be nice to IT people. They are awesome and they can fix all sorts of stuff. * T.G.I.F. * Late night shopping tonight with the fabulous Miss Reanna :) * Wishing my beautiful Aimee-fuzz a wonderful 8th birthday!!! * For those of you who missed me .... Friday night's shopping trip was wetter then anticipated. Borders is almost all sold out and is closing 8 July. After shopping was baking. Saturday - cleaning and cooking ready for Reanna's party Saturday night. Girls all seemed to have fun AND I got to do one of the girls' cakes for the first time in nine years! It looked awesome. Saturday night's wine and dvds were well deserved. * Aimee was awake at the crack of dawn for her presents this morning! Although it was worth it to get to go back to sleep uninterrupted until 10:30. Fabulous birthday lunch at the Bentley (I love nice places that are so kid friendly!) and then family bbqing and games and stuff. Awesome weekend but very, very, very glad to be home!!!



Picture of the week. Reanna's birthday cake! And the first one I have been "allowed" to make in 9 years!!! (It is snakes and ladders just in case you can't tell).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good weekend to me! Birthdays can be so stressful or loads of fun - I'm glad this weekend turned out to be fun!

Oh, and I do love your opening sentence. Hmm... I may have to try the positive attitude, just to annoy others. ;)

Catherine said...

It is as good as reason as any to be positive. Well I think so anyway:oP I admit I stole it from someone else but I loved it! I have been accused of being too positive on facebook, but so much better then complaining all the time in my humble opinion.