Friday, June 3, 2011

Can I just say I am excited?

*Warning* this is a long post!! (But if you can bother sticking with it it is a nice snapshot to our life and the way my brain works. And possibly the reason why I should blog quickly and on the run instead of via edit and with masses amount of thought).

Once you get to know me a bit better you will find out I get excited easily and some would say excited over not very much. Personally I am ok with this. I would rather be the person who is happy and excited rather then the person who does nothing but complain and never, ever seems to be happy (I didn't realise how many people lived like this pre-facebook. It is really sad).

Anyway. Today I am excited about lots of things:

1. It is Friday And I love Fridays. I love the anticipation that it is almost the weekend. I also love that it is casual dress day at work and it means I can wear jeans. I love my jeans. I did mention I work better in pyjamas (I love pyjamas even more then I love jeans) but apparently even for casual dress this is not acceptable.

2. The weekend and this weekend it is not just any weekend here in Western Australia. It is a long weekend for Foundation day. This means that unlike other long weekends where there are things we specifically do to celebrate/commemerate events this weekend is just extra long!

3. Pyjama party The girls and I are sleeping over at my parents' place tonight with two (or three) of my (lots younger then me) sisters. Mum & Dad are away. I am not baby-sitting. Just hanging out. It should be fun! We live 45 minutes away from my family (not counting my sister and nephew who live in the Northern Territory) which is close enough to see them at least every two weeks or so, but I miss being a part of their everyday lives. Now just to see if we make it through the evening fight-free!

4. Hens' Night!!!! It is a close friend's hens' night tomorrow day/night. We get to dress up for the evening in fancy dress which I love. I am going as a girl from Gryffindor (my girls are in discussion over which one I am) and if I get to put my cloak into a cloak-room I am going to be doubly as excited as I am now!!!! Plus it has been a looooong time since I have been out on a girls' night out. Plus we have a hotel room booked so we are staying the night AND, just to top it all off I have 24 hours of childfree time thanks to a wonderful friend. I love my children! But I don't remember the last time I had 24 hours of me time**.

5.New information I have just worked out that blogger has a spell check. This is going to quite useful in my attempt to write good blog posts and sound semi-educated.

6. Dreaming v Goal Setting My first direct debit came out today which is another step to a BIG goal I am working towards (check out my other blog at Two Mummy Ducks).

7.Soup Croissant Express (a coffee shop chain) is selling soup again. I didn't bring lunch to work today in the hope that the soup of the day would be one I like (see previous post about me being a fussy eater). They are :)

8. Coffee I am not actually that excited by the coffee, but I think it might be the coffee that is making even more excited about stuff then usual. I had a jumbo capp this morning and my boss has just bought us a coffee. Hmmm. Despite my comments about caffeine addiction in my profile I have been working very hard at cutting back. This now means it seems to be having a fairly significant effect on me! (It has just occurred to me it means I have been to the coffee shop three times today when I would normally only go once or twice a fortnight! Never mind).

9. New stuff I have a bit of a splurge this week. I have been saving for a new dress, shoes, (play) jewellery etc for the upcoming wedding. And a fabulous friend is sending me a new bag to match the new dress! I also love surprises.

If you have managed to read to the end of this post ... thank you! Hope you enjoyed the insight into me :)

**Their dad works away and his roster isn't terribly consistent. When he is back he spends lots of time with them and has them sleepover and stuff, but we work more on flexible co-parenting at the moment rather then set 'visit' times. Even before he worked away they tended to go and stay once or twice a week rather then every second weekend. We felt it meant they get a better and on-going relationship with both of us. Plus I hate being away from them for more then a day so the every second weekend thing didn't really work for any of us. This changes as life changes but at the moment it works for us and the girls are happy. However, the times they have slept there recently have been uni nights for me which great is not quite the same as getting to go out. Not that I do badly in the going out stakes! I do actually have a fairly active social life. The girls are massive social butterflies. *Sigh* Now I have forgotten the point of all this. I think originally it was to make it clear the girls see their dad!! And that I am not complaining. Just excited. *end of waffle* (Although I am leaving this in as in a rambly way I think it is a nice little insight to our lifestyle ... and to my lack of abililty to stay on track!

No comments: