Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Rebellion?

Reanna was home sick yesterday with an earache. She has had reoccurring ear problems since she was 4 months old (this is a whole other story) and she'd already spent a couple of days at home in the last week. Luckily her dad was home then and it was some nice bonding time for the two of them.

As a "good" multi-tasker/glass is half full/super motivated (haha) type person I decided I was going to take advantage of a day at home (remembering I felt fine!) and clean out the kitchen cupboards. They really need doing and I have just got rid of a mouse in the house (also another whole story), but I haven't had the time to do it even though it is my 8-weeks-to-catch-up-on-three months-of-housework stage of the year.

I did not set foot into the kitchen all day (except to go to the fridge). I didn't even do the dishes. I did on the other hand cuddle Reanna and nap on the couch for two hours in the morning. I feel this was very important. Bonding, she was sick so it was important mummy time and also one thing I have learned is to take advantage of any extra napping time, extra sleep is always needed. More importantly (for the purposes of this story) I got half way through cleaning out (up!) the study. I can't really do anymore now until the playroom is done (part of the moving stuff around like one of of those annoying games things where everything has to be moved in the right order before the picture "works"). This has been a big, big job I have been procrastinating over doing but really, really needed to be done before uni goes back next semester and I am doing two units (this semester I only did one so could manage on the kitchen table). THEN later that night I went through a few of the drawers in my room while I was watching tv. So part of me was super motivated, just not to do what I was "supposed" to be doing.

But anyway .... Self set task, to the point I had messaged a friend in the morning (sort of) excited I was going to get to do my kitchen cupboards, and I didn't even attempt it! I am a little concerned I am showing signs of extreme rebellion, since I seem to be rebelling against my own orders. One facebook friend suggested it just meant I am super awesome at procrastinating. I like this better. Thoughts anyone?

No comments: