Thursday, June 23, 2011

Birthday bits

I had started a post earlier about my beautiful, amazing eldest daughter. She turned 12 a month ago. I didn't end up publishing the post because (a) I ran out of time; and (b) she came home from camp and I remembered what she is really like! No, seriously I didn't end up finishing it because it was just a bit too OTT and gushy and I just didn't like the post. I do love Reanna though. This is important to note! At some point I will do a "page" at the top and introduce you all properly to the entourage, but for now you will just have to make the most of the snippets you get from my blog.

Reanna was away for her birthday on school camp. Which was very mean. She was a little concerned that she shouldn't go in case I missed her too much (have I mentioned how well they look after me?!) but I assured her I would be ok. Yes I cried on the day and the little two and I went out and got icecream and celebrated without her!

I did plan this suprise though ...


Layer 1 - wow Mummy surprised me!


Layer 2 - And Daddy!

Layer 3 - Hmmm

Layer 4 - not funny Mummy!

I think she liked the presents enough to forgive me :)




... if she is going to abandon me at least I will make it fun for her! Thanks to a wonderful teacher who smuggled the package and organised a muffin cake on the day. Reanna's reaction was "I was getting a little annoyed with you by the end". Better then crying though .... my work here is done.

How cute are the cards the little two made?




We are finally having her long awaited party this week. First weekend we were able to do it when her dad was home. So excited! Me not her. Well she is excited too. I have just bought awesome stuff for the "lolly" bags AND I get to make her cake this year for the first time in 9 years! She requested Daddy do the rest of the cooking though - a definite win-win for Mummy ;)

No comments: