Thursday, June 9, 2011

Just in case you were wondering ....

... I had a fantabulous weekend! Thought I would update you all since you all got to hear how excited I was last Friday. I was waiting until I had photos sorted but that hasn't happened yet and if I don't do it now I will forget!

Hanging out with my sisters was great. No fights! And yes I know I am way too old, especially since I am 20 years older then the youngest, but we are sisters. We do squabble! Highlights included Aimee being highly indignant that Reanna and my youngest sister called me (she went as my messenger, she was excited about this) to turn the lights off. I quote: "They were just being lazy!!" and no she didn't turn it off. Sister #4 (aged 14) being very surprised that I thought she might talk to her nieces after I was asleep (I had said no more dvds in case I fell asleep first and they asked her. I did). It also made me laugh because she does like hanging out with them and she is dying to baby-sit. Aimee again in the morning saying very sadly she had been talking to sister #4 but she didn't answer until she asked Aimee to get her the laptop and cable. In her defence she was asleep and someone sleeping doesn't usually distract Aimee from talking. Trust me, I know!

Saturday morning was fun playing grown-ups at the kitchen tea (I am sure at some point it will stop feeling like I am playing. Maybe when I am 40).

Hen's night was soooooo fabulous!! Seven of us had a hotel room booked so we had champagne and got ready together. Costumes are so much fun!!! Dinner and more champagne and cocktails. Pub, cider and dancing until we were "sober"! Followed by pyjamas and giggling. This is all you get to hear ;) What happens on hen's night ... stays on hen's night!**

Sunday I felt great and even made it to church with the girls and training in the afternoon. The rest of the day was a dvd day on the couch in my pyjamas with my baby girls though. Twenty-four hours is definitely long enough to be away from them.

Long weekends rock!!! Monday, we ALL slept in. Then we spent the day doing some "spring" cleaning (I am catching up on stuff I haven't been able to fit in during semester) and Aimee and I are cleaning out her room ready to paint!

I think that is it! You know, just in case you were wondering!!!

** So ... is it hen's night? Hens' night? or Hens night???? I get the grammatical difference ... but I can never work this one out! If anyone has any opinion I would love to hear! Sad, but true. It is driving me nuts!

No comments: