Monday, June 6, 2011

A glimpse into the week that was.

Today I am Thankful for rain, for not having any storm damage and for the rain considerately pausing at appropriate times so I got to work dry. * Work mode complete. Now for Mummy mode for a few hours until it is time for student mode again. * I love getting packages in the mail!!! * That awkward moment when you tell someone you are studying law ...... * The household is excited that the Big W ladies on 'The Amazing Race' are from Riverton :) * Argh!!!!!! It's E-day!!!!!! * Study tip of the day: Don't get locked out of the house the morning of an exam. It just doesn't add to overall confidence! * A few of the right words at the right time from the right person can really make your day! Give it a go .... you never know when this person is you! * Two packages in two days! I need to shop online more often :) * Today I am Thankful for two months of uni holidays, open book exams, getting good luck messages from wonderful friends, not getting hit by a truck and modern technology. * I have a feeling Aimee is going to grow up to be a spelling and grammar nazi. Who ever would have thought! * The clouds looked funny this morning. More like volcanic cloud or smoke or something then rain clouds. (Not that I know what volcanic cloud looks like, but it looked like how I would imagine volcanic cloud looking). * I have a new phone which is making me very happy. I will be even happier when I can work out how to use it! If you get a strange or v abrupt text message from me you now know why :) * Apparently changing my name to "Cat McKitten" is a bad idea :oP * I ♥ uni holidays, rainbows, humpday, lazy afternoons in bed, my stripey purple witch socks, quotes, blogs, cuddles, cupcakes, dress-ups and books. I don't ♥ exams, crickets or dodgy mobile reception. * The "snooze" button and the "off" button are not the same thing. Getting them confused has consequences. * I wonder if it is a bad thing that Aimee identifies twisties as study food? * Forgetting a password is never a good idea. So many lessons today :oP * My observation at dancing: Reanna is getting really tall. Aimee's observation (with no irony): Erin is really loud. * Major trauma this week with the footy tipping. Opinion was divided over whether to listen to Pop for the Hawthorn v Fremantle game. * So much randomness. * Today I am Thankful for technology. Which isn't new! But today it is especially because it meant I could go shopping with the fabulous Vanessa while she is on the other side of the country :) * And it is the looooooooooong weekend! * Off to spend the evening with three fifths of my sisters and a full compliment of daughters. * Aimee waking up in the morning and realising she can't talk she can only squeak is VERY funny. * I just need to say ... Hen's night!!!!!!! And if I get to check a cloak into a cloak room I am going to be so beyond excited!!! * Most fabulous 24 hours!!! Thanks for a wonderful day/night ladies!!!!!! And thank you to my wonderful peoples who babysat for me :) I am pretty sure I can hear the couch calling my name now though.


My "I got through the semester" present to myself! It felt appropriate ;)

And that is the week that was! These posts might not be the most exciting to read, but they make me smile. I guess I remember why I posted each of them. I am now laughing at the difference in my pre-and-post-exam status updates. How was your week?

No comments: