Sunday, June 19, 2011

I sa-aid it on faaaacebook!

Please note. The title of this post should be sung to the tune of "I found it on ebay". If you haven't seen this clip, you should! And that note (like the pun?) ... here goes another week in our insane lives .....

What an amazing weekend!!! Saturday: Morning doing nails and stuff with the girls. They looked so cute and so very grown up all at the same time. Wedding was absolutely beautiful. The reception was lots fun. I had to be sewn into my dress though (Thank you M.I.L). Someone set a menu on fire. Accidentally but v dramatic. I have lots of photos :) Not of the menu fire but of the wedding in general. * Sunday: Out for breakfast, lunch and dinner in between naps and dvd watching. I may never have another hot chocolate without a chocolate spoon for stirring and I will say again how much I love places with live music, kids eating free and colouring in packs! That is it in a nutshell for those of you who missed me ;) I so do not feel prepared for it to be Monday! * Today I am Thankful for people who can make yummy meals out of random leftovers, for not having to cook and for being able to all sit down to dinner at the same time even when it is at strange times. * The girls are on number plate watch! Let me know if you see one beginning with 1E (of the "new" WA ones). We are pretty sure we have only seen as far as 1D. * Today I am Thankful for knee-high boots, hot drinks, having a heater at work and rain. * Who knew Shakespeare could be so funny? I now feel much more educated about the finer points :oP * Cold and sleepy. I wonder if I can fit a nap in between school and dance ..... * My knitting and I are are slowly taking over the world. Or the dance studio at least! * ‎"The only person who is educated is the one who has learned how to learn - and how to change" Carl Rogers (and taken from the girls' school's newsletter). * Aimee: If there was a flood would we just hop in the boat. Me: Yes, this is why we keep it! Erin: Really? Aimee: That is a good idea. Reanna *rolls her eyes*. Welcome to a normal morning in our lives ;) * Today I am Thankful for strangers and their random acts of kindness. Especially the very nice man who told me when it was safe to reverse after I parked in a stupid spot. * Going a-Guiding tonight with my Aimee-fuzz! And I get to wear pyjamas. Definitely picked the good nights to go parent roster this year :) * I am pretty sure I would be an awesome bingo caller. * I ♥ rainbows, my stripy purple witch socks, wearing jeans to work, sleeping-in, organising stuff in boxes, Guide biscuits, facebook Scrabble, picture messages and quiet nights at home. * Pizza with Lee and the babies + DVD with my baby girls (Aimee's choice) + remembering I have chocolate + crossing a big job off my to-do list = perfect start to the weekend * Is it bad Aimee appears to have outgrown Saturday morning cartoons before me? Or is it just a reflection on the quality of the cartoons? * Finally got to take Reanna and Erin out for sushi!! * Think that is our social butterflying done for the day! Not exactly the quiet weekend at home I had originally planned :oP * Apparently you can fix itching with talcum powder. Or Mummy magic ;) * So much motivation for this time of the morning. * Got to catch up with Big M, JJ and 'Lil Em this morning! Have I mentioned recently I have the cutest nieces and nephews?! * Good friends, great music and yummy food. What else could you need in an afternoon? Oh. An Aimee quote. "Mummy, lots of old people know the words. Does that mean it is an old song?". I am so glad she has finally learned how to whisper. * Would you like some pasta with that cheese? * Aimee quote of the week (she gets two today). Via facebook chat to her dad: "btw you are moltitasking". Shouts to me "Daddy is multi-tasking! He is talking to you on the phone and it says he is typing. And he is breathing".*

No picture of the week this week. I already used it in my last post. The one of the girls all standing on their heads watching hockey. And for those of you can't be bothered reading my status updates, the stripey socks do get a mention! And if you read nothing else, read the last one if you like Aimee stories.

Hope you all had a fabulous week, an even better weekend and that the coming week is wonderful!

No comments: