Friday, June 10, 2011

McAwesome

My girls make me laugh so very, very much. Especially the little one.

Things you need to know:

1.a. Aimee is a vegetarian and has been for almost four years now. She doesn't think it is fair on the animals to eat them. This is reasonable.

1.b. Not relevent to the story, but by choice, I would be a carnivore. I am the person in the world least likely to have a vegetarian child.

2. Wednesday night is takeaway night in our house. Don't judge me. Aimee has dance from 4:30 to 5:30. Reanna has dance from 5:30 to 6:30 and then Guides from 7 to 9. Sometimes you just need to do these things.

3. McDonald's is often our poison of choice. Here in WA, they do dinner boxes and we can usually mix and match what is in them until everyone is happy and it is cheap. eg. Aimee gives me her meat (or chicken) patty, and she usually gets my chips.

4. McDonald's also has a burger they have advertised as the "Angry Angus".

On the particular night in question, I gave Aimee one of the buns from my burger and she decided to make a multi-level burger with chips between each layer. I think she also took some of Erin's lettuce but I was driving and not really paying attention until I heard this:

"Mummy, I have made a new burger! I think it should be called the 'Awesome Aimee'". Pause. "You know, like Aimee Jones".

I had thought she was going to say like "the Angry Angus". I laughed .... a lot. Aimee did not understand why.

I blame the parents ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am loving hearing stories about your life, your girls are just gorgeous, you must be very proud of them. i really love the awesome aimee story :)

Catherine said...

Thanks heaps Meek! I am :) ... I may be a little biased though. Aimee cracks me up. She now calls it the Awesome Aimee every time!