Thursday, January 12, 2012

Words of .... wisdom?!

I would just like to say, I wish I had written down some of the stuff the girls had said when they were younger. Now to remember to pass this word of wisdom to my babies when they have babies of their own. I just had to share a few gems they gave me today though.

********************


Scene: We were discussing whether to catch a bus into Fremantle while my car was being fixed or to walk to a nearby McDonald's and then kill some time at Bunnings.

Aimee: We should go to Bunnings. Then we can play on the playground and Mummy can look at gnomes.

(Um ... because I look at gnomes so often! Although this is what we did end up doing, not for this reason and I did end up buying a (ceramic) snail for the garden!)

Erin: We are going to go play on the playground, but you have to go and look at stuff Mummy* and not stand around and watch us play.
Me: Um ... sure, but why not?
Erin: Because it is embarrassing to just go in and use the playground.

*Possibly to look at the gnomes?!

******************

Posted the above conversation on facebook and a friend asked about the "rules" of leaving your child in the creche at Ikea.

Me: Erin, can you leave your child in the creche in Ikea everyday?
Erin: (thinks for a minute) As long as you don't sit and watch them play. And as long as you buy something every week or so.

Information was duly passed on to the friend who was concerned about the social etiquette in the world according to Erin.


*****************************

Scene: Later that day walking back to get the car.

Aimee: I am as hot as a sausage.
Me: I like that saying!
Aimee: Well you can't use it. And if you do use it you have to say that I thought of it.
Me: I don't think you can copyright a saying.
Aimee: I don't care about the copyright, but you can't say it unless you say I made it up.
*pause*
Aimee: How hot is a sausage?**
Me: It depends on how long you cook it for and how long since it has been taken off the stove.
Aimee: Is it hotter then a pie? I am as hot as a pie.
Me: It is the same for pies.
*longer pause*
Aimee: I am as hot as a pie that is burnt and has been in the oven for fifty years. That would be really hot wouldn't it Mummy?
Me: I liked the sausage saying better.

**particularly funny when you remember Aimee is a vegetarian and hasn't eaten a sausage for over four years.

Oh, and the girls are all planning on getting me garden gnomes for my birthday now!

No comments: