Friday, January 13, 2012

Clash of the seasons

The Christmas tree and all the decorations were put away today. A little late I know, but I am still sad that they are gone. I try and celebrate Christmas for the entire Christmas church "season" ie the tree goes up on the first Sunday in Advent and goes down on 6 January. Obviously this year it did not happen! But we were a week or two late putting it up so at least we are balanced.

However we went to the shops today and they had hot cross buns. Really? In January? I told the girls no hot cross buns until Lent starts! It isn't Easter yet!! We did buy Australia shaped meat patties though. Australia Day is 26 January so I thought this was a reasonable compromise and luckily Aimee didn't click that there wasn't a vegetarian equivilent and by the time she does I am sure I will be able to do something for her.

And just to prove that I am all for celebrating any given opportunity (as long as they are seasonally appropriate) we had (icecream) spiders tonight in honour of Friday the Thirteenth.

No comments: