Saturday, January 7, 2012

I hate this question

I feel today is a landmark day. I went to a second-hand bookshop and didn't buy a single book for myself. Probably less remarkable because thanks to my cousin moving interstate I have one and half boxes of books to read, but still this is very impressive. Normally there is at least one book in the bargain book for a dollar or two that I just have to get.

Naturally I had to post this groundbreaking news on facebook. Probably not surprisingly someone commented they don't know when I get time to read. I hate this question. I never know what to say. Honestly, I can't *not* read.

Example: As I type, it is just after midnight. I have just got home. And I am about to go to bed. I might only read a chapter or two, but I know I won't be able to go to sleep until I have read a page or two ....

PS Hmmm ... halfway through writing this I have a feeling I may have posted a similar post before? Argh! I am too new a blogger to sound like a broken record already.

PPS Before you are too impressed, I did buy each of the girls a book. Including Reanna who wasn't with us. Her sisters insisted she would like the particular book ... and I wanted to read it too. But this doesn't count! Does it?!

No comments: