Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sunday randomness

One of my facebook things that I like to do is post in a 'Thankful' group. Friends of mine got sick of the constant complaining and negativity and created a place for people to remember to be thankful for things, both big and little.

For me it has been great! There is nothing like the challenge of thinking of something everyday and the mindset of finding things to be thankful for can only be a good one. A bit modern-day Pollyanna of course, but really I think we could have worse role models.

This morning I woke up incredibly stiff. I went to a polefitness (aka pole dancing for exercise) class yesterday for the first time in about two years. Then, those of you who read my post from yesterday will remember, I walked to the baseball last night. Not far, but I don't think sitting in the cold helped (and it was very cold considering we are in the middle of summer).

But back to me being thankful. We went to church this morning. My poor sore thighs were not dealing well with having to sit then stand then sit then stand (you know how it goes), and all I could think of was that I was thankful we don't kneel! If that had been part of the agenda for the day I don't think I could have made it.

What are you thankful for this week?!

2 comments:

Me said...

You sound so much like me! I am constantly complaining and then I try to find something to be thankful about the very same things I am complaining about. Its tricksy!

Catherine said...

Yes! But then the thinking of something positive cheers me up (when I manage it) even if it drives everyone else insane! ;)