Monday, January 23, 2012

Training

Sushi training that is! Friday night Aimee went on a much anticipated sleepover with her grandparents. Reanna, Erin and I took advantage of the fact Aimee was not with us and went on a long promised trip to the sushi train.

This was not done to exclude Aimee in a horrible way. Aimee just doesn't like sushi and I am not sure how her vegetarian sensibilities could cope with some of the more exotic (and possibly authentic) types of sushi eg the ones with baby octopus. I barely cope with them!

So proud of my big girls. They each tried something new. Neither of them freaked out when they realised that some of the things going around in front of them were things like fish eggs. They both used chopsticks very nicely to start with then, when they gave up, ate neatly using their fingers (after checking it was ok first).

A lovely evening just the three of us. It was only marred by our extreme exhaustion after the sleepless night for Erin's EEG (which I have already whinged about. This is not a complaint, just an observation) and the fact I stupidly forgot to take photos. Damn. We will have to go back now ;)

No comments: