Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Tales from an absent blogger

31 August 2011 since my last post?! Wow. Really?! .... I am way too embarrassed to read the last blog I actually *did* post. I am sure it was full of promises I wasn't going to stop again. So if I repeat my excuses it will either sound very genuine or like I am totally waffling ;)

I have really missed blogging and I have missed reading blogs, but it did just fall off the radar. Uni got insane. I decided it was irresponsible to blog at work (how grown up am I getting?!) and my darling daughters' dancing schedule takes up so much time! [Side note, after swearing black and blue I was not goin to put up with the same dancing timetable as last year, this year has gone from 4 days to 5 days! Not sure how this has happened, but I actually think it will work better. Strange but true - I hope so anyway!].

My big thing was Erin getting sick. Quite sick. It has all been resolved now, but I seem to have spent months in doctors' surgeries, at the children's hospital, waiting for test results, organising baby-sitters and updating people whether it was by text message, phone or email. Some lovely people just got the "she is fine, but can I tell you in person? I am too tired to explain it all again!". Short version she is fine now and hopefully will stay this way. It was huge for us and our family, but through the whole process it all just made me feel so, so lucky that overall my babies have been happy and healthy. So many people are not this lucky.

We also had an idealic few days down South with one of my sisters and her family. Had a visit from another sister and my nephew who lived interstate for Christmas. Survived another semester of uni and I am now entering my final year! (Admittedly I will be completing it over 18 months, but this is not the point). Reanna graduated primary school (with much crying, mostly by me but she had her fair share of tears on her last day).

I am sure more has happened, but these have been the key points in a nutshell. There may be a few later posts with retrospective tales!

Happy New Year everyone and I am looking forward to much blog reading and writing in 2012.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, it happens! The time leading up to the holidays is always especially busy with finals and work, not to mention children.

Surgeries and the children's hospital? WOW! Sending Erin lots of positive, stay-healthy thoughts! Congratulations to Reanna for graduating primary school. :)

Catherine said...

Thanks Wendy :) I should clarify though there was no actual surgery! Is calling the doctor's "offices" a surgery an Australian thing? Or maybe I just worded it badly. So she has been sick, but nothing that seriously thank goodness. xx