Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Road trip!!

How many of you thought I had started on the slippery slope of not blogging again? After the last few efforts of mine I would not blame you. But no, I am still here. We just had an insanely busy weekend, even for us!

A catch-up barbecue where two of my very good friends announced they were pregnant (Yay!! Sooooo excited! And by two I mean one couple. Not two different babies but that would have been doubly as exciting). A housewarming. A play (which was our Christmas present to a neice, nephew and sister). A 30th birthday and out to a country town to take the girls to have dinner with their dad.

But wait, none of that takes into account that all these events were all over the place. Not just all over Perth, but involved to trips to towns an hour or so out of Perth. Two different towns as well! I actually drove more then 500 km over the weekend which feels like we had "gone away" but no we actually hadn't! Well, we stayed the night at the housewarming but this is not really the same.

But in all that driving, we played games, listened to two audio books and sang songs. The girls also got to read and sleep (clearly not me!). And got to enjoy lots of just chatting time. It was an amazingly good weekend. We crammed so much in and I am really glad we did. Obviously it would have been nice to not have it all on at the same time, but it all worked out perfectly. And luckily I am still on leave for another week to recover ;)

I am very tired now though, which is one of the reasons you got this post instead of the long overdue update I have been planning for the 101 project! And also the reason for this post not making very much sense at all ......

No comments: