Monday, January 30, 2012

School Days!

Two more sleeps until the girls go back to school! I am very sad that it is the end of school holidays and very, very sad about how big the girls are getting! It is a big year for us this year. Reanna is starting high school (Year 8 here), Erin is going into 'senior school' (at their primary school years 6 & 7 are senior school and get to wear a different shirt) and Aimee is in the upper half of the school (Year 4).

Funnily enough I am not that freaked out over Reanna starting high school. I think I spent all last year and part of the year before having to think about it, because that is just how the process works so now we are finally here I have coped. That said, I was labelling their school stuff tonight and Reanna and I had lots of trouble trying to work out what she should take to school on her first day, because she can't take everything and won't know what she will need each day until she gets her timetable. I am assuring her though that everyone else will be in the same boat.

Aimee starting year 4 on the other hand has hit me hard! Not just because she is my baby, but because she is such an infant!! At my primary school, year 4 was a big deal because it meant you were old enough to go on a 12 day camp once a year that was offered to all five Schools of the Air in WA (I will blog more about my station childhood later as I have mentioned it a few times now!) I look at Aimee and just can't picture her being old enough for that! Even though I could imagine it for the other two at that age.

It is also a big year for Erin. She has decided to branch out this year. She is starting to play soccer this year rather then doing an extra dance class and is beginning to learn a musical instrument. The one dance class she is doing is musical theatre which is a new class for this year and one neither of the other two are doing. Creating her own pathway which is different to her sisters'. Very important!

Reanna and Erin are also going to catch the bus to school three mornings a week instead of going to childcare. So big changes in our house at the moment! I would like to say I am coping beautifully ... at the moment ... but we will see how I am on Wednesday.

1 comment:

Me said...

Aww. this is such a cute post.. Mommy's growing up too...