Monday, May 9, 2011

My name is Catherine and I am a facebook addict


I admit it! I am a facebook addict. I update my status at least two or three times a day. Sometimes more. Even more scarily, I don't access the internet on my phone so all my updates are actually from a computer. I do have an office job though and I am studying at night at home so a lot of my time is legitimately spent sitting at a computer. The computer does sit on the table on in case I have sudden inspiration when I am at home though in what I like to call the "Mummy hours" (i.e. the time after I leave the office to pick the girls up from school to when they are in bed asleep. The time I spend driving them around, chatting about the day, watching dance classes, cooking dinner, helping with homework ... you know the sort of thing I mean).

But going back to facebook. I genuinely enjoy trying to think of status updates that are interesting, update and amusing yet still reflect me and my life. So I thought it would be fun to record and them on here as well in a weekly post .... so here goes ..... My week in status updates - 1 May 2011 to 8 May 2011 (this week has an 'extra day' the Saturday was 1 May so it seemed silly not to include it).

* Mayday! Mayday! Mayday! * Brunch with Rob and Tania (but no Chad!) .... now off to Brookton for the afternoon! * Baby lambs feeding are the cutest things ever! Their tails spin round in circles!!! And before anyone says anything I don't ever remember seeing a lamb feed when they still had a tail * Pot-luck dinner finished off a day which involved a lot of eating! * I can't believe there is only three days of school holidays left :( .... I could do with another week at least!! * Today was definitely a constructive day! So many little bits and pieces done! And finally sent the bags and bags of stuff off to the second-hand shop!! * *sings* Roller-skating, hide-and-seek, craft stuff and board games.These are a few of the girls' favourite things! (Well these have been the favourite activities when we have been at home these holidays anyway!) * I *love* lecturers who give good information about what to expect in exams!!!! * Today I am Thankful for flexible friends and for an increased sense of security thanks to the new lock on my fridge and being able to actually park my car in the carport! * Waking up in the middle of the night and being wide awake, but when the alarm goes off always still being super sleep. One of life's great mysteries. * Today I have lost one (at least for part of the day) .... but gained two .... baby-sitting my cousins :) Thanks to all my super understanding friends (and Reanna's)for changing our plans. Allegedly last minute baby-sitting duties earns me Platinum legend status and this can only be a good thing! * "I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." --Martin Luther King, Jr.* After serious consideration on the matter, I have come to the conclusion 'A' names may be a jinx. Final reason for this conclusion? Little Miss Naughty A1 and Little Miss Naughty A2. * The girls might be giving Joel the 'Hair-Puller of the Day' award, but from me he is getting 'Cuddler of the Day'. * Off to training .... five kids in tow .... wish everyone luck!! :) * I never thought I would be so excited about a door!!! But I am :) * Last day of school holidays today :( .... back to reality tomorrow! * I would love a delayed send for text messages. For those times you think of something you just *have* to tell someone at a time when it is really not a good idea to text! * I am adding super cool stationary that aids procrastination to my list-of-things-that-just-makes-me-happy! * Lovely day to finish great holidays .... back to real life tomorrow!!! * I want minions!!! * Today I am Thankful for being able to spend school holidays at home with the girls, pain-killers* and friends who know me so well! * I just participated in an automated telephone survey that had the fastest talking voice imaginable! It made me sound like I speak slowly. * I ♥ Autumn, holidays, chick lit, sleeping children, surprises, purple toe-nails, fairy magic, crossing things off my to-do list, making pictures in the clouds and fun stationary * Back to real life and work .... and a wonderfully organised desk thanks to the lovely Tanya. And to my colleagues who are placing bets on how long this will last, the insder tip is Tuesday :oP * Dear Chaos,We meet again! Did you miss me? Apparently I missed you. Looking forward to a long and prosperous association. Let's treat each other nicely! Thanks heaps, Cath xxx * Today I am Thankful for the wonderful members of the school community who facilitate the Mothers' Day stall. The girls all came home super excited about the presents they had bought. Adding to the excitement is that they earned from Daddy so it makes it a Mummy-free process! Lots of smiles all round and I am anticipating lots more on Sunday!!!! * Parenting moment of the day: Trying to explain to Aimee why it is not a good idea for her to correct her teacher's punctuation (or spelling or grammar for that matter) on her assignment sheet. Even if the teacher was wrong. And even if she is right. The comments "no-one is perfect" and "everyone makes mistakes" earned me blank looks from the little one! * Having school, work and uni all start again on the same day feels a little mean! Or badly organised ......... Note to self: Think of this next semester! * Coffee machine is back! Hot chocolate is making me very happy :) * Today is Friday :) .... I feel this says it all! * The list of things to do this afternoon is getting longer by the second! I am determined not to forget anything this time. * I did not think the hairdressers would take so long! I have three very gorgeous (and much neater) girls now :) * I ♥ Autumn, rain, slushies, choc orange stuff, board games, champagne, surprises, wearing jeans to work, my beautiful babies, cushions, wishing on stars and crossing things off my to-do list * "If you think my hands are full then you should see my heart". * Find of the morning: "Land and Sea Tales for Scouts and Guides" by Rudyard Kipling, Commissioner, Boy Scouts. 1923 edition means Scouts were still using the (left-facing) swastika as a symbol. Massively excited about this (even if no-one else gets it) and the book makes the trip a success even if we didn't get what we actually wanted!!! * Enterprising daughters + Mothers' Day + craft stuff = surprises + (relatively) peaceful coffee catch-up time * When did Doritos get so yummy?! * I really want donkey-dragon baby pets! Dronkies? So cute! The minions could look after them. * Bacon and scrambled eggs by Chef Reanna, French toast by Chef Erin and beautiful serving by Miss Aimee. Showered in presents and set to bed to read for the morning. Perfect day so far! Happy Mothers' Day to all the mums out there. Hope you are having a lovely day! * I know it is really predictable but this doesn't stop it from being true so I am going to say it anyway! .... Today I am Thankful for my mother, my daughters, Terri-Anne, Jeanne and Nanna Jan. Also, for all my friends who are sharing the parenting journey with me! * The rest of Perth may be still in the grip of Beiber fever (well a certain demographic anyway), but this household* is concentrating on Miley Cyrus!


Wow! I didn't think that would be so long. I have also come to the conclusion I need to tone down on the exclamation marks.

No comments: