Monday, May 16, 2011

Another week, another bunch of status updates

I am adding waking up to a nice text message to the list-of-things-that-just-make-me-happy. * I think everyone should Google something today. The Google logo them is the "Mr Men" and "Little Miss" but there are lots of different pictures :) * Today appears to be "Put Catherines On Hold and Leave Them There Day" or alternatively "Don't Pick Up the Phone, Just Let It Ring Out Day". This is giving me *lots* of time to Google and check out all the Mr Men and Little Miss pictures. * "Smile. It makes people wonder what you are thinking about." * I ♥ baby cuddles, choc orange stuff, random text messages, happy facebook updates, double episodes of favourite shows, real life stories, my girls, bubble bath, red wine, crossing things off my to-do list and my bed. I do not ♥ picture messages not working or headaches. * Aimee is so excited we have *five* family members doing NAPLAN this year. Very funny. * Must ... stop .... craving .... bacon ........ mmmmmmm * Reanna is very excited. Erin is very excited. Aimee is heartbroken. So sad that I can't even make jokes about 'two out of three ain't bad' without feeling mean! * Today I am Thankful for Google and for being able to find out the things I should already know by my age.* Having someone tell you they don't exist is always a little disconcerting. * Sleeping v Everything I *have* to do this afternoon/evening. Sleeping is not going to win this time. * Today I have bought a pineapple with the top still on (the girls are *so* excited) and the 'Women's Weekly' Royal Wedding edition (I am excited, sad but true). I now also have a box of Guide biscuits I am selling (we are all excited and I am expecting some of you will be excited about this one too!). * I have a bruise on my leg. It is about the size of a 20c coin and I have no idea how I did it. * Happy Friday Eve everyone!!! (I was searching for inspiration and/or motivation ... and this is what I found!). * "Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in at the end, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, yelling ... 'WOW! What a ride!'" * Chicken and grape sandwiches are surprisingly good! * I think I have just developed an allergic reaction to minutes. This is not going to work well. * I have a horrible feeling that by this time of the semester I should actually know something about the subject. * Left the house. Radio announces It is Friday the 13th - Beware!" I giggle about the superstition. Get stuck in traffic because of car accident. Finally get to train station and hear announcement there are delays. Drive to work. Three lots of roadworks. Moral of the story: Just because you don't agree with other people's beliefs (and I am still not thinking Friday the 13th is an unlucky day), don't laugh at them!!! * I think the fact it is Friday has gone to my head! Or it could be the caffeine? * Dear House Phone, I have enjoyed our relationship over the last 19 years. In lots of ways I don't know what I would have done without you. I look forward to seeing you again in the next 10-15 years. Love Cath PS Reanna is currently enamored by you. Just so you know. * I am giving Sneezey some serious competition here. * I ♥ new coloured post-it notes, high heels, sleeping children, baby cuddles, fun text messages, blogs, Fridays, long phone conversations, new books and making plans. I do not ♥ sneezing, picture messages not working or mosquitoes. * This morning's adventures were varied and full of good ideas. * After a morning being out-and-about, we had an "At Home" afternoon entertaining people dropping in. Awesome catching up time, but admit I am very glad for a quiet night at home tonight. * Lesson of the day: When you have been sneezing lots for three days (and you don't actually have a cold), don't decide to clean out dusty cupboards. It doesn't help. * "Every journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step". * Aimee has spent the morning trying to copy a picture of the 'Mona Lisa' and being frustrated by her attempts. No idea why. It is definitely an Aimee-thing! * My name is Catherine, and I am a bookaholic. * I think Reanna and Erin are a little pleased we didn't pick this match to have a derby party. * I ♥ "new" books, blogs, rain, weekends, winter pyjamas, cushions, random stuff, creating happy childhood memories, picture messages, hot chocolate and my bed.

And my picture of the week is ........... "Grumpy and Nonna Gnomes"



The girls call one of their grandfathers 'Grumps' and accordingly every time we buy him a present we seem to get him an item of clothing with Grumpy dwarf on it or Mr Grumpy or some sort of garden gnome. The initial one was actually Grumpy dwarf. The girls decided they absolutely had to get this one for his birthday because it could be Nonna on his back! Neither of them physically bear any resemblance to the garden gnomes.

No comments: