Tuesday, May 31, 2011

It is all about compromise ...

I constantly get the "I don't know how you do it" comments. Work, children, study etc and I am on my own, I guess it is not that surprising. The hard bit is knowing what to say. I don't want to whinge. I do happen to love my life even though it is insane, but to shrug and go it is easy is (a) not true; and (b) feels a little rude. Mostly I just laugh and say "not doing housework helps". Which is true(ish) and at least I can say it with a smile.

But it is about compromise. For example, I had an exam so minimal housework and no washing folded for two weeks. Partly because I fold clothes when I watch tv and I haven't watched any tv for what feels like ages. Partly because I have been too tired/stressed/busy to care. And admittedly partly because I don't really like housework, but this time I did have a legitimate excuse.


What can I say?! Life happens. Nothing in the laundry (that basket is from today).




The clothes are clean and I am sure foraging is good for the girls. Going back to basic instincts and all that. Compromises :) Now can everyone please keep their fingers crossed that I passed the exam!!! And I am off to watch tv and fold clothes :)

No comments: