Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Virtual Confessional

I'm feeling really, really, really guilty at the moment and  I need somewhere to confess and people to confess too, so blogging-world friends, you are it.

Today, I had an early morning breakfast "meeting" this morning. (By meeting, I mean going out to breakfast with my colleagues, but as I never get to go to Friday night drinks I really was making an effort to get to a social thing that I could make it to). I bribed Aimee to get out of bed early and made it to drop her at childcare at 6:30am.

I made it to the train station just in time and as I was getting my smartrider (ticket pass thing) out of my bag I accidentally dropped the V can I was drinking from (let's leave my caffeine addiction alone at this point. Although this is karma maybe?). The problem is, when I dropped it it rolled off the ramp and I couldn't reach it from where I was. To pick it up I would have had to walk back down and around. Normally I wouldn't think twice about doing it, but today it would have meant missing my train. So I left it.

Now all I can see is this can lying there, that I deliberately left. Argh.

I would like to put it on the public record that if it is still there tomorrow, and I imagine it will be, I will go and pick it up.

On the upside, breakfast was great and it was really nice to do something social with my colleagues. The mama-work-student thing means that really isn't something I get to do very often. And I love going out for breakfast. It really is one of my most favourite things to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, it happens. Sometimes we're in a hurry and something goes wrong, whether it's a small thing (like dropping a can) or a big thing. Glad it wasn't a bigger issue!

Catherine said...

Thank you! I think I probably felt worse because it was Clean Up Australia Day over the weekend just gone. But I am with you, I am very glad it wasn't a bigger issue.