Tuesday, November 24, 2009

It's All About Me

Defining yourself in a few easy words to people who may not know you is hard. Defining yourself when people do know you is perhaps even harder. Those are the people who know you and think they know how you view yourself ... and the question then is do you want to change that perception? My 'problem' with this is simply that with a blog I have realised I am writing to an unknown audience and this is one of the reasons I have procrastinated for so long about doing this. (Although in all fairness not the only reason! Mostly just procrastination for the sake of procrastination).

So why now? I have been meaning to do this for ages and decided now is the time. I went and saw the movie Julie and Julia (apologies if that is the wrong name!) and when everyone else left wanting to cook ... I left wanting to finally start a blog. Clearly I do not have a domestic side!

I am almost 30 and excited about this next milestone in my life. It seems to be a new beginning, the beginning of the next stage of my life which is full of opportunites and I am excited to see what is waiting for me around the corner. I am doing the single-parent thing for a second time and so very, very proud of my three beautiful daughters, studying a course I love, working a job I enjoy and am (mostly) at a stage of my life I am happy with.

My own little universe centres around my girls. They are the centre of it. Not my whole universe, and I am not ashamed to say that, but most definately the centre ... but my feelings on this one can wait until next time ......

No comments: